A long term volunteer midwife is required to support the Mae Tao Clinic (MTC) reproductive health (RH) team which supports more than 4000 admissions per year including approximately 2800 deliveries. Reproductive health activities include antenatal care; delivery services; postnatal care; management of maternal and child health (MCH) education; inpatient care of women and neonates peri-partum, including pre-term delivery; miscarriage and abortion. Volunteer midwives are essential to the success of the newly developed nursing care program at MTC.
- Work alongside RH team to build capacity in managing peri-natal care of women and neonates, including basic nursing care practices.
- Support RH team to manage RH services at MTC using current best practice protocols.
- Support delivery of MCH and Emergency Obstetric Care training to develop skills of MTC health workers.
- Collaborate with other health professionals at MTC including clinical consultants, doctors, medics, nurses and community health workers.
- Current degree in midwifery.
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant professional experience.
- Availability for at least 3 months.
- Flexible, open-minded, adaptable.
- Language skills: intermediate English.
- Experience encouraging active labour for improved mother and child outcomes.
- Experience working in resource limited settings.
For further information regarding this volunteer role please contact
contact visitor coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note this is not a paid position. Additionally, Mae Tao Clinic is unable to support applications for visa.
Information about volunteering at Mae Tao Clinic is available at maetaoclinic.org/how-to-help/volunteer/