Support Mae Tao Clinic
Welcome to the Mae Tao Clinic support page. We have built partnerships with international organizations in order for you to be able to make tax-deductible donations to the Mae Tao Clinic. If you have any inquiry please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the button below to donate in your preferred currency and read the instructions below carefully to proceed your donations.
How your donations can be used
The Mae Tao clinic relies on donor contribution in order to provide people from Burma with medical services, train health workers and buy essential medicines each year. Following are some examples of what your donation can help to buy.
- 100 THB (US $3) One pair of reading glasses
- 200 THB (US$ 6) Birth registration for one newborn
- 200 THB (US$ 6) Delivery kit for safe home delivery
- 350 THB (US$ 10) One month of food and hygiene supplies for one student
- 1,400 THB (US$ 40) First visit of Antenatal Care screening and medication for one pregnant woman
- 2,500 THB (US$ 70) Cataract surgery for one person
- 3,000 THB (US$ 85) Normal delivery at MTC
- 3,500 THB (US$ 100) One year of education sponsorship for one student (only academic support)
- 6,000 THB (US$ 170) Food for all in-patients for one day
- 7,500 THB (US$ 225) Vitamin A and de-worming for 2,000 students annually
- 10,000 THB (US$ 300) One year of education for one student (all costs included)
- 18,000 THB (US$ 530) One emergency obstetric care referral to Thai government hospital
- 25,000 THB (US$ 715) One primary health worker training (8 -10 month)
- 27,500 THB (US$ 800) Essential medicine to treat approximately 420 both in- and out patients for one day
Donations in US$ or in all other currencies
MTC’s US-based two-parter organisations, Community Partners International (CPI) and Partners Asia, facilitate tax deductible donation in the US.
Click here for the donation (CPI’s donation page). You will receive a tax receipt for this donation from CPI.
Community Partners International is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (tax id: 94-3375666). All donations are tax-deductible in the United States.
Click here for the donation (Partners Asia’s donation page). You will receive a tax receipt for this donation from Partners Asia.
Partners Asia (the fiscal intermediary of Mae Tao Clinic) is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization in the United States with the federal tax ID of 45-4855118.
Donations in UK £
Karen Refugee Camps Women’s Development Group (KRCWDG) is the UK partner of the Mae Tao Clinic. If you would like to make a donation to the Clinic, please contact KRCWDG. Put “Mae Tao Clinic Donations” in the subject line of the email, and if you choose to specify the donation for specific use please note the purpose of your donation. (ie. Cyclone Nargis Disaster Relief).
Karen Refugee Camps Women’s Development Group is a non-profit organization (Charity Reg. no. SC033290). All donations are eligible for Gift Aid and KRCWDG’s Inland Revenue reference number is CR54189.
100% of your donation will be used for direct relief costs, and 0% for administrative overhead.
Donations in AUS $
All donations can be made by either credit card, cheque or bank transfer through Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA (APHEDA’s donation page) – the overseas humanitarian aid agency of the Australian Council of Trade Unions. Whichever option you choose, please follow the instructions carefully to ensure that funds are directed towards Mae Tao Clinic.
Please email email@example.com or call 1800 888 674 or +61 2 9264 9343 and ask to set up direct debit for “Burma refugees- Mae Tao Clinic”. APHEDA will ask for your account number and BSB. Next, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm you are making monthly donations and would like to receive reports about the patients.
An Australian tax-deductible receipt will be posted to you the end of the financial year (July) listing all your donations throughout the year.
Donations in Thai ฿
Account Name: Suwannimit Foundation for Mae Tao Clinic
Account Number: 016-8-83807-7
Bank and Branch: Kasikorn Bank, Mae Sot
SWIFT Code: KASITHBK
Bank Address: 84/9, Prasart Withi Rd., Mae Sot, Tak Province 63110, Thailand