Physiotherapy volunteers are essential for maintenance of the newly developed therapy program at Mae Tao Clinic (MTC). The physiotherapy volunteer will supervise two Allied Health Assistants (AHAs) and focal staff in each department in managing inpatient and outpatient physiotherapy caseload at MTC. Caseload includes: acute and chronic neurological adults and children e.g. CVA, Cerebral palsy; acute and chronic orthopaedic; Spinal cord injury; musculoskeletal; acute and chronic respiratory; reproductive health. The volunteer may be asked to support staff training sessions on agreed topics.
- Capacity development of AHAs and focal department staff to follow existing management protocols for specific conditions, and understand their role extent and limitations.
- Capacity development of AHAs and focal department staff to develop, maintain and review systems for managing physiotherapy related workload, documentation and other administrative tasks.
- Assessment and treatment planning for complex cases not covered by management protocols used by the AHAs.
- Collaborate with other health professionals at MTC including clinical consultants, doctors, medics, nurses and community health workers.
- Relevant degree
- Minimum 2 years relevant professional experience
- Availability for at least 3 months
- Proficiency in English
- Flexible, open-minded, adaptable
- Previous experience in resource limited health settings.
For further information regarding this volunteer role please contact visitor coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note this is not a paid position. Additionally, Mae Tao Clinic is unable to support applications for visa.
Information about volunteering at Mae Tao Clinic is available at maetaoclinic.org/how-to-help/volunteer/