Volunteer at the Mae Tao Clinic
Please forward a copy of your CV and an estimate of the length of time and dates that you would be available to MTC. If we have a volunteer placement for you, we will then request two letters of reference, a copy of your passport, and a copy of your medical license if applicable.
MTC is unable to offer any financial support or accommodations, but living in Mae Sot can be accomplished on a fairly small budget.
Information for Medical Students
Medical student placements at the Mae Tao Clinic are available to pre-final and final year students and usually involve a weekly or fortnightly rotation through the Outpatient, Surgical, Inpatient and Child and Reproductive Health Departments.
As the number of medical students wishing to be placed at the Clinic often exceeds the places available, all students seeking placement are required to provide a range of documentation in order to be considered for placement. It is required that these documents can be received at least three months prior to the desired commencement time. Acceptance of a medical student for placement is determined at a monthly meeting of the Mae Tao Clinic Department Heads.
To be considered for medical student placement, please provide copies of the following by email:
- Your current resume
- Two letters of reference, one of which must be from a recent medical supervisor
- A copy of your passport
- Your most recent academic transcript, and a letter of confirmation of study, provided by your university (please ensure there is an official University stamp on these)
- Your preferred placement dates
- Replies to the following questions
Please answer the following questions and send by email.
- Why do you want to be a volunteer/ medical student at Mae Tao Clinic?
- How did you hear about the Mae Tao Clinic?
- What are your expectations if you are invited to come here?
- Are there any medical areas of particular interest to you?
Please send your application and related documents to email@example.com
Download Medical Students Placement Pack and Medical Students’ Feedback Report 2018-2019 for the Further Information
Meet Our Medical Students [July 2018]