Nursing care is a new development at Mae Tao Clinic (MTC). Volunteer nurses are essential to the success of this new program. The volunteer will work alongside MTC staff in inpatient departments supporting newly trained nurse staff to implement nursing care in the MTC context.
- Work alongside newly trained nurse staff in inpatient departments to support implementation of basic patient care.
- Work alongside nursing team to assist development and review of systems for management of nursing care including patient care, and stock and supply management.
- Work alongside the Infection Prevention Unit (IPU) to implement best practice infection prevention systems at MTC.
- Collaborate with other health professionals at MTC including clinical consultants, doctors, medics, nurses and community health workers.
- Current degree in nursing.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Availability for minimum 3 months.
- Flexible, open-minded, adaptable.
- Language skills: English intermediate.
- Previous experience in training and curriculum development, and review.
- Previous experience developing and monitoring systems for nursing care.
- Experience working in low resource settings and adapting best practice to such a setting.
For further information regarding this volunteer role please contact
contact visitor coordinator at email@example.com.
Please note this is not a paid position. Additionally, Mae Tao Clinic is unable to support applications for visa.
Information about volunteering at Mae Tao Clinic is available at maetaoclinic.org/how-to-help/volunteer/